Kids & Youth
During our Sunday morning worship service we offer loving care for infants and toddlers as well as engaging programming for pre-school and school-age children.
Our team of carefully chosen volunteer teachers use story, discussion, plays, arts and crafts, cooperative games, activities and music to create a fun, interactive experience for young people.
Our programs for children strive to:
- Honour our children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder
- Familiarize our children with our Unitarian Universalist heritage and values and with the beliefs and practices of the world’s religions
- Encourage children’s appreciation for our shared humanity and respect for the diversity of opinion, ability, affectional orientation and ethnicity among us
- Foster children’s sense of connectedness to the extended spiritual family in our congregation and support parents in a community of like-minded individuals
- Inspire children and youth to act for justice, equity and compassion
Read Angela's Blog.
Youth Chaplain Training March 8 – 10, 2013
Chaplain training is a great training to go to, because it is about listening and learning to guide people to their own answers, rather than telling them what you think they should do. If you've got a youth (or you are) who is one of those people others are always turning to for support or to tell their problems to - you should encourage them to go. Chaplains help keep youth community and Con culture caring, compassionate and spiritually and emotionally healthy - it is a fantastic skills set to gain and will benefit your youth group too!
Click here for information and the online registration form for this 3-day course.
Early Bird registration is $50 and ends February 17.
After that registration fees go up to $65 and are due no later than February 28.