First Unitarian will soon need a new lay chaplain. Our Lay Chaplains perform weddings, funerals, memorials and child dedications for non-members. More information is available at FirstUnitarianTorontoOfficiants.org.
- being a member in good standing of the Congregation of at least one year;
- the ability to interview and work with clients in tailoring ceremonies to their requirements;
- the ability to work flexible hours, with a peak period on weekends between May to September;
- the ability to interpret Unitarian Universalism to clients;
- the ability speak effectively in public;
- the ability to communicate easily with people;
- and the ability to deal with administrative aspects, e.g., email, record keeping.
- A driver’s license and a car are assets.
If you are interested in this 3-year role:
- Please speak with one of our current Lay Chaplains;
- Review the Lay Chaplaincy Manual,
Applications should be received by March 31st.
Peter Brydon, Chair, Lay Chaplaincy Committee