Join us for a series of PowerPoint lectures with short biographies of Unitarians and Universalists, one letter at a time. With this format, each talk stands on its own, but after a few talks you'll have a good overview of UU history.
The biographies are often funny, often inspiring, sometimes scandalous. Talks are organised into sections: Arts, Science, Government, Education, Religion, and (my favourite) Agents of Change. Within each section, we go from oldest to youngest by birthday, to get a sense of what happened when.
Each talk is about an hour, so sessions are about 90 minutes with discussion.
John has collecting these stories for 7 years and has made it to letter K. He is going to make it exactly 26 talks by hook or by crook, but not one per letter; there are two talks for B, three for C, and so on. Rooms to be announced.
- October 11: A is for Amazing Unitarians
- November 8: B is for Brave Unitarians
- December 14: B is for Brilliant Unitarians
- January 11: C is for Creative Unitarians
- February 8: C is for Clever Unitarians
- March 15: C is for Courageous Unitarians
- April 12: D is for Dynamic Unitarians
- May 17: D is for Dedicated Unitarians
- June 14: E is for Exciting Unitarians
Please register here. (There will be seats available for drop in guests.)